Here’s my list of 100 reasons you should go to Church this weekend.
1. The Bible indicates it’s what we should do. (Hebrews 10:25)
2. You will have the opportunity to worship God.
3. You will likely have some of life’s big questions answered.
4. You may come up with some new questions that you didn’t know you should be asking.
5. You will probably make some new friends.
6. You’ll probably see some old friends.
7. Being there is a sign of your discipleship.
8. Being there will encourage your pastors and leaders.
9. You’ll be encouraged in your walk with God.
10. You’ll likely encourage other people in their walk with God.
11. If you’re single, you may meet someone.
12. It will help you define what you believe.
13. It will help you understand the Bible.
14. If you have kids, it will teach them to value God and His Church.
15. People who attend church usually live longer (I didn’t make this one up… Google it!)
16. It will give you an outlet for service and ministry.
17. It will likely help you develop leadership.
18. You’ll sing inspirational songs that will carry you during the week.
19. It will encourage you that God is good (if it doesn’t, it should).
20. It will help you to look outside yourself.
21. It will provide an opportunity to give financially to those in need.
22. Because you’ll receive love from other people at Church.
23. You’ll be able to show love toward other people.
24. You’ll hear about great things God is doing in His Church locally and throughout the earth.
25. You’ll be prayed for if requested.
26. You will be able to pray for others.
27. You’re likely to hear about answered prayers.
28. You will be able to give praise reports and share your testimony.
29. You will be able to worship God with other like-minded people.
30. It’s an opportunity to introduce a friend who doesn’t know Christ.
31. You’ve probably got nothing better than Church to do (watching TV, or sleeping in certainly don’t count as better!)
32. Your family needs you to go.
33. It honors God.
34. Because gathering is part of what it means to be a Christian.
35. Because it’s good to have your views and opinions challenged.
36. Because we all need regular reminders of our position in Christ.
37. It will help you acknowledge and confess your sins.
38. It helps you to be in the world, but not of it.
39. It will help you end one week, and starts the next, with the right focus.
40. It’s a break from work.
41. It will help you re-order your priorities.
42. It’s where your real friends are.
43. It will help you put your life story into the grand narrative of scripture.
44. It will remind you that you have nothing to fear.
45. It helps to take your focus off yourself and onto God.
46. It helps bring perspective and feeds the soul.
47. Because gathering strengthens your faith.
48. The discipline of going will help you be disciplined across all areas of life.
49. It will allow for support in times of need.
50. It promotes stability in your life.
51. It helps to promote a happy marriage.
52. It gives you something great to do with your kids.
53. It will help you to improve your self-esteem.
54. You won’t feel guilty for not going (not that you should only go out of obligation!)
55. It will help increase your ability to cope with the trials of life.
56. It will help you to be a happy person.
57. It will positively influence future generations.
58. It will provide you with an opportunity to share in communion.
59. It will allow you to take an active role in missions work.
60. It will help you be a better member of your local community.
61. It will help develop your children’s self-confidence.
62. Your children will learn the Bible.
63. It may keep you out of trouble.
64. It will help give you a sense of purpose.
65. It will shape your vision of the future.
66. It will give you eternal hope.
67. It will help you to know what you believe.
68. It will help you to know what you stand for.
69. It will encourage creativity.
70. It will allow you to be disciplined, mentored, and pastored.
71. Because you’ll learn about Jesus and have the opportunity to get to know Him.
72. Because you want to go.
73. It’s a pleasant experience.
74. It will give you the opportunity to express yourself in song.
75. It beats staying at home and being alone.
76. You get to put your Sunday best on or your skinny jeans (depending on the church).
77. You’ll find acceptance.
78. You’ll be loved.
79. You can love others there.
80. Real forgiveness is found in Church.
81. The gathering of God’s people will help draw you closer to God.
82. You’ll meet like-minded people.
83. Jesus will be there.
84. It will remind you that you’re not alone.
85. It will help the process of sanctification.
86. You’re likely to learn something about God, the Bible, yourself, or others.
87. The growth of the fruit of the Spirit will likely happen.
88. It will bring with it a tangible and intangible blessing.
90. It’s a declaration that you’re a Christian.
91. It will give you something interesting to talk about on Monday at work.
92. Because being planted will help your life to flourish.
93. It reflects a life lived beyond yourself.
94. It will bring joy to your life.
95. A miracle you need may come to pass.
96. You’ve promised someone that you’d go and it’s time to make good on your word.
97. Because it’s the right thing to do.
98. Because faith without works is dead.
99. It will change your life for eternity.
100. Your reason to go to Church: _______ (comment below)
You’d be crazy not to be in church this weekend, especially with all these reasons to be there!! I’ll see you there!
My Breakthrough Community is full of people just like you who are hungry for more of God. If you are interested in learning more, consider becoming a part of the Breakthrough Community!
Request prayer here.